Styling from Alexan Events Image from Hannah Photography via Style Me Pretty
Welcome to another episode of the Hindsight Bride podcast! Today we have Brady from Alexan Events on the show. Brady talks about:
- The Difference between a stylist and a wedding planner;
- How to travel with props you've sourced from flea markets and thrift stores;
- Common mistakes brides make when planning a mountain wedding;
- How to take wedding trends and inspiration and translate them into something realistic and doable;
- Special considerations for getting married in the Rocky Mountains.
- The REAL questions you should ask a potential wedding planner
On elaborate details | Excerpt
Image from Amy Osaba via Alexan Events Blog
When looking at inspiration, make sure you're thinking well in advance in terms of what you can actually do at your venue. So if you see, for example, the hanging floral inspiration for our Floral Fridays post, and you say, “Oh, I want to do this,” and there's really nowhere for you to hand your flowers, it's really not worth it to spend the money for something like that.
The flower boxes we have on our blog post are extremely elaborate and expensive flowers. So, in terms of how to make something like this more cost effective, fill the boxes up with cost effective flowers. Use white hydrangeas and have dangling amaranthus hanging from it, if you really want the hanging look. Or, instead of hanging the boxes, simply place them on each table…
Get More Tips and Tricks, Listen Now!
Don't forget to subscribe on iTunes!
*** The Hindsight Bride Podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You are free to re-post as long as you link back to MountainsideBride.com. Please do not alter the original work.