Jessica Bishop is the editor and publisher of The Budget Savvy Bride, a daily wedding blog dedicated to the budget savvy bride who wants a beautiful wedding without breaking the bank. Readers of the Budget Savvy Bride enjoy Real Budget Weddings with cost break down, realistic DIY projects done by real brides, tips on saving money on your wedding, and real bride bloggers who share their journey and tips while they plan their own weddings.
Here are some highlights from the interview
Tips for hiring Friend-vendors (Also commonly known as “Friend-ors” or friends that you use in place of vendors.)
- Make sure they want to help.
- Make sure they have the skills to pull it off.
- Discuss with them about the final product and expectations up front.
Jessica also talks about whether friend-vendors can produce a professional enough product and assessing the priority:risk ratio for hiring a vendor.
How to select the best vendors on a budget
- Start with your priority list.
- Be upfront about your budget with vendors.
- Understand that there are fixed costs and vendors can’t always work within your budget.
The differences between a 1K wedding and a 20K wedding
- Smaller budgets use friend-vendors more heavily.
- Brides on a smaller budget often use free venues such as public parks or church backyards.
- Mid-range budget brides often save on off-the-rack wedding gowns.
- All budget brides prioritize.
Top Areas to Save
- Find a low or no cost venue.
- Scale back on flowers and decor and/or do them yourself.
Top Areas to Splurge
- Photography. It’s really the only thing you’ll have left (besides the marriage) after the wedding.
Jessica Bishop is the creator and editor of The Budget Savvy Bride, a wedding planning website dedicated to helping brides plan a beautiful wedding that won’t break the bank. The Budget Savvy Bride has been named in Bride Tide’s Top 100 Wedding Blogs for four years in a row. Jessica has also appeared on TV and radio segments across the country and is known for being a go-to source for brides on a budget.
Follow The Budget Savvy Bride on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Subscribe on iTunes!
Never miss an episode. Have the Mountainside Bride podcast delivered directly to your iTunes account by subscribing. Click the iTunes button to subscribe now. Or click HERE.
*** The Mountainside Bride Podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You are free to re-post as long as you link back to MountainsideBride.com. Please do not alter the original work.