Rachel and Dave chose Edgewood Tahoe for their a little bit rustic, a little bit classy, a little bit simple, and a little bit elegant June wedding. The woodsy pine trees and spectacular Lake Tahoe inspired a more rustic feel, while the bride incorporated elegant touches into her personal style. Angie Capri captured every lovely detail perfectly!
Best Advice for Planning A Mountain Wedding
- Pick your venue first because it will inspire other decisions like colors, flowers, and table settings.
- Include your future husband in decisions and get his opinion.
- Hire vendors that you are comfortable with personality wise.
- If you can, hire a coordinator.
- Take time to absorb what is going on around you.
- And most important, hire a GREAT photographer. Even if you have a limited budget, it's good to spend some extra dough on hiring a photographer who you are comfortable with, that fits your personalities, and delivers incredible outcomes. You will be so happy you did.
Other advice: Don't stress… you are supposed to be happy and smiling (maybe some happy tears). Don't let the immensity of the day get to you. Even if little things go wrong, no one but you will notice it so don't stress. I knocked over one of the lanterns on the isle when I was walking down, it made a huge noise and all I could do was laugh because if that was the worst thing to happen, it was all good. What matters is that you are marrying the love of your life in front of your friends and family and as long as that happens, nothing else matters. Plus the stuff that can and may go wrong usually ends up being a great funny story or some really funny pictures ;)
Lake Tahoe Wedding Vendors
Wedding Photographer: Angie Capri Photography | Getting Ready Hotel: Grand Residence Marriott | Wedding Venue: Edgewood Golf Course | Wedding Coordinator: Melissa Faubert with A Touch of Grace | Hair & Makeup: Annie Lam of The Makeup Movement | Florist: Katie Long of Thrans Flowers | Baker: Sarah Lofgren of Flour Girl Wedding Cakes | Wedding Dress + Bridal Jewelry: Lian Carlo from Kinsley James Bridal Couture | Custom hanger: Hanger Design Center | Custom ring holder and Table Numbers: That Family Shop | Flower girl basket: Burlap Pew Cones Etsy | Wrap dresses: Lilac Dress Boutique Alameda CA | Wine bottles & Placecards: A Touch of Grace | Bridal shoes: by Ann Klien