Few things go together like Champagne and Valentines day. It's right up there with other great combinations: cookies and milk, peanut butter and jelly, and chips and salsa all come to mind.
So if you're having a Valentine's Day, or even a February Wedding, consider this classic signature cocktail. And remember, you can name it anything you want!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (if you prefer your cocktails to be extra sweet, then kick it up to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3-4 sprays of fresh mint leaves
- 3 pints raspberries
- 1/4 cups fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- chilled champagne, prosecco or cava
- Make a Simple Syrup by combining the sugar and water in a saucepan and stirring over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved
- Add 2 sprigs of mint leaves and let them sit until the syrup cools
- Rinse the raspberries and then toss them into a large pitcher
- Pour in the lime juice & mix
- Once the syrup has cooled, strain and pour it into the pitcher
- Pour in the chilled champagne on top
- Use the remaining mint leaves & raspberries for garnish