Veronique + Antti
March 10, 2012
I love it wen I get a mountain wedding that is full of bright colors. Veronique and Antti chose Turquoise and Purple because turquoise is Veronique's favorite color, and purple is Antii's. Also, Veronique has some very classic hindsight advice regarding budgeting, using friends and guests as vendors, and wrangling DIY projects, so be sure to read her interview!
Why a mountain wedding?
Honestly, this wasn't even something we considered at first. In the beginning we knew we wanted an outdoor ceremony that was laid back but still elegant. We are go with the flow kind of people so we wanted the atmosphere to reflect that. We had looked at a variety of outdoor venues. A farm, a botanical garden, and a historical estate. They were all beautiful, but we just didn't have a connection with them. The first time we went to the Raven Golf Club at Verrado we fell in love. The mountain view, the sunset, the atmosphere, even the quaint little town it was nestled in. Not to mention Ann the catering manager who was so patient and helpful with all our questions. It was safe to say after we saw this location, the others had a lot to hold up too.
Where did you find your inspiration?
While I hadn't heard of pinterest until 2-3 months before our wedding most of my inspiration I found through google image searches. Our colors were our two favorite colors, mine turquoise, and my fiancés purple.
What are three things you're glad you did?
- First and foremost we both are incredibly glad we paid for such incredibly talented and fun photographers. They captured every moment of our wedding that was most important in such a beautiful way and were so much fun to work with. They honestly gave us the feeling that thy were just one of the many friends we had at the wedding. It was also great to have TWO great photographers. They both were able to capture different angles and vantage points of specific events. I completely recommend to any bride to invest in two photographers.
- I'm glad I did a trial hair and makeup. They first place I had chosen did a terrible job and I was so unhappy and stressed after my trial appointment I decided they were not the place for me. The environment was hectic and made me feel anxious and unsure, and who wants that for your wedding day? I wanted to feel relaxed. I'm glad I did the trial because I would have never known otherwise and then the day of I would have been so unhappy. The place I choose to go to did an amazing job. I was unable to do a second trial because my budget didn't allow for it, but the staff there reassured me they would get it done. And the day of was even better. They treated us like VIPs and gave us such attention. We all felt so beautiful when we left.
- Lastly, I'm glad I did my own flowers. Not only did it save our budget a ton of money, but it allowed for us to have more unique flowers at a more affordable price. I was so incredibly happy with the bouquets, centerpiece, and boutonnières and the assembly went very quickly and easily with all my bridesmaids helping out.
Three things you wish you had done?
- I wish I would have hired a day of wedding coordinator. It would have been nice to have someone in charge of everything instead of splitting the projects up between a few good friends and having everyone asking me questions the day of. It did save us money, but I would have rather not had to worry or think about how things were getting done, plus I would have liked it if my friends could have relaxed with me.
- I wish I would have had the DJ at the rehearsal. There was a little confusion in the beginning. Nothing bad but it could have been avoided if he was able to see how things were going to flow. And honestly the problems weren't even noticeable expect to those of us who had been planning. And we take full responsibly because we chose not to have the DJ at rehearsal and told him we would just see him the day of.
- I wish we didn't have guests staying with us. The extra people in our home created more stress for the both of us. It would have been awesome after a long day of getting things together, to come home to and empty quiet house. But we are thankful that everyone important to us, was able to make it, and if we hadn't opened up our home, I'm not sure it would have been possible.
Anything you wish you hadn't done?
We wish we hadn't let the mic open for speeches. We should have only allowed a few people to give us the honor.
Anything you wish you hadn't worried about?
The cake! And guests causing drama! The cake was absolutely beautiful, one time, and Blair even paid me a visit in the bridal suit to show me pictures of the cake and cake table. And the guests were fine! It was most definitely a celebration and everyone was mature and treated it as such!
What is your very best hindsight advice?
Have a budget and be realistic about it. Know what you can afford and what you can't. It actually helps when it comes to making decisions about decor, dresses, DJs, and really everything. If theirs something you just have your heart set on that's out of budget, do you research and see if you can find it cheaper. If not, splurge but just remember you'll have to cut somewhere else. Also if your doing the decor yourself, make sure to make a list of everything you need and then make weekly stops at hobby lobby or michaels this way you can get the best deals!
Lastly, soak up every moment of it! It's over before you realize it.
- Venue: Raven Golf Club at Verrado
- Photographers: Ryan and Denise Photography
- Cake: Blair's Custom Cakes
- DJ: Desert Sound Productions
- Hair and Makeup: Ulta Salon- Goodyear
- Dress: David's Bridal
- Flowers: Bride did her own, but ordered through Fifty Flowers.com