Sponsored Post | Honeymoon Pixie
A growing regret of mine over the years is that we didn't go on a honeymoon. In 2009, like so many Americans, Hubs lost his job. We were paying for a wedding and our living expenses from my earnings alone. We just didn't have enough for TWO weddings and a honeymoon. Goodness, I wish there was a honeymoon registry back in the day. I'm sure many of our guests would have loved to contribute to a once-in-a-lifetime trip!
One of my favorite honeymoon registries is Honeymoon Pixie. When you sign up, instead of simply picking out activities and presents, you tell your story: why you chose the place you did, what you'll do, and why each activity will mean the world to you. The best part is it's really a cash registry, so you have the liquidity to change your mind about activities.
Today Andrew, the founder of Honeymoon Pixie sharing his tips for planning an adventure honeymoon.
Plan the Perfect Adventure Honeymoon
An adventure honeymoon is ideal for couples who want something more than a tropical beach honeymoon. If you and your fiancé prefer taking a hike in the mountains to crashing in front of the television, than an adventure honeymoon might be the right option for you.
The good news is that adventure honeymoons are becoming more popular for active couples. For these couples, romance is about connecting while meeting a challenge together or relaxing at the end of a day that's been packed with excitement and new experiences. If this sounds more like you than a honeymoon where you'll be pampered and waited on by an accommodating resort staff, consider planning your perfect adventure honeymoon! Here's how:
Strike Your Perfect Balance: The key to planning the perfect adventure honeymoon is to assess what you and your fiancé want to do and experience. So communication is crucial so you both get your needs met without any misunderstandings. Don’t expect your partner to know what you want from your honeymoon. What combination of adventure and pampering do you prefer? What mix of activities would you like to have each day? There are many combinations that can meet your needs. You can go scuba diving and parasailing during the day and enjoy a couple’s massage in the evening. If you’re at a mountain resort, you can go hiking and zip-lining through the canopy during the day and soak in a hot tub at night.
Do the Research: When you have a few adventure honeymoon locations in mind, do some research on the activities you have an interest in. What adventures can you have in Belize or Morocco? Are there fun things to do in Sweden or New Zealand? What sights are there to see in Rome or Paris? Yes, you can turn the exploration of the side streets of historic European cities into an adventure honeymoon! You can have an adventure honeymoon most anywhere. Check out travel websites, books, and blogs for each location to see what it might hold for you and your fiancé during the greatest vacation of your lives!
Want Recommendations? Here are some of the best adventure honeymoon destinations:
- Australia: There is no better diving than at the Great Barrier Reef.
- Colorado: Hike the Rocky Mountains, above 8,000 feet, without leaving the country.
- Costa Rica: The Caribbean side is ideal for deep sea fishing.
- Hawaii: Learn to surf and indulge in other non-stop water sports.
- Italy: Bike through Tuscany and enjoy the hill-towns, food, wine, and culture.
- Mexico: Swim with dolphins and interact with these intelligent animals.
- New Zealand: Go bungee, jet boating, black water cave rafting, and helicopter onto glaciers. Ideal for the adrenalin junkie.
- Peru: Take a strenuous hike up to the ruins of Muchu Piccho.
- Sweden: Sleep in an ice hotel on ice beds, and warm up with drinks at the ice bar.
- Switzerland: The Swiss Alps are truly a skier’s paradise.
- Tanzania: Interested in a wildlife safari? Then the Serengeti is the place for you.
Set-Up Your Honeymoon Registry: A honeymoon registry can make planning the perfect adventure honeymoon so much easier. If you're like most engaged couples, you don't need a whole lot of dinnerware or pots and pans to outfit your home. You probably have most of what you need already. So why register for more household goods when you can register for a honeymoon instead? It's not the most traditional of ideas, but it makes sense for couples who want to have an unforgettable honeymoon. When you set up a honeymoon registry with Honeymoon Pixie, your wedding guests and loved ones can contribute towards the amazing adventures you’ll have on your honeymoon. Whether you want to learn to scuba dive, ski down a mountain, or see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a honeymoon registry can let your guests in on exactly what you would like to do on your honeymoon. They can help provide the fun memories that will last you a lifetime!
So even if you're having a white-dress, white-cake, “Here Comes the Bride” wedding, don't be afraid to break from the norm by having an adventure honeymoon!
About the Author:
Andrew Marino is the CEO of HoneymoonPixie.com, an industry leader in providing honeymoon gift registries for engaged couples. Couples create their free honeymoon registry website and receive honeymoon planning advice and travel tips. Andrew also serves as a contributing Senior Travel Editor.
Other great resources:
- Be sure to check out alternative registry etiquette before you begin
- Polite ways to inform your guests about your honey moon registry.
- Travel essentials for every traveler with information on health, safety, passports, currency, land transportation, WiFi, and so much more.