Follow Friday #11
Happy Friday Mountain Brides! I have a treat for you today. Nick and Aleah from Valley and Co are our “Follow Friday” guests.
I’ve been faithfully following Valley and Co. for 3 years now. I found them right after my wedding and right when I started blogging. I’ve been hooked ever since. Not only do they publish gorgeous weddings, as full-time wedding planners, they also have excellent advice.
What I Love About Valley and Co.
- Nick and Aleah are some of the nicest people on the web. Seriously. Whether you’re a bride or a blogger, if you have a question about weddings or just want to say hi, this busy couple always makes time to reply. They’re especially great Tweeters ;-)
- Their impeccable style. Every images is gorgeous on both of their blogs. But impeccable style is more than picking out beautiful objects. Nick and Aleah also offer lovely wedding advice that helps you navigate through your wedding day with the grace and presence of a queen. If you’re looking for snark or trash-talk, you won’t find it here. Every post is written respectfully, and with verve.
- Accessible DIY posts: Nick and Aleah do many of their own DIY projects, which means they are simple, lovely, and don’t require an art degree to execute beautifully.
What You’ll Love about Valley and Co.
- Gorgeous wedding inspiration. Even though they’re beach people, you’ll find plenty of gorgeous wedding inspiration that will translate well to the mountains. Think romantic, classic, and chic weddings. Valley and Co. features weddings everyone can love: Your mom, your grandma, your trendy bridesmaids, and your dad! You’ll find beautiful, classic weddings with modern twists and lots of DIY style.
- Sound advice from top wedding experts. As top-ranked wedding planners, Nick and Aleah know their stuff; they’ve been featured in Brides Magazine, San Diego Magazine, and are members of Style Me Pretty’s Little Black Book; they fully understand what is important and what’s not; they know some of the common pitfalls to planning and some not-so-common issues. From wrangling the guest list to managing stress, you’ll find their advice sound and down-to-earth.
- Their new lifestyle blog. Let’s face it, you’re more than “A Bride.” Many of you already live with your partner, you’re in the middle of your career, and you have a home and a life. Valley and Co’s new lifestyle blog offers “Daily musings for the home, entertaining, and lifestyle” and includes cocktails, entertaining tips, recipes, and DIY projects for entertaining . You’ll love it!
From Nick and Aleah
Our blog in one word: Weddings = Lifestyle: Fun Weddings, Refreshing
Our blog is known for: Lifestyle — daily entertaining tips, recipes, life musings and inspiration. Weddings — snippets of expert wedding planning advice, tips, photo inspiration and how-to projects.
How did you get into blogging? We started blogging our events years ago — details, photos and sharing the planning process. As the web grew so did our readership and our spark to inspire, so we began to post more of our tips, accept real wedding submission and really work to feature creative inspiration daily. Our Lifestyle blog was the natural step for us to build on next, as we have an entertaining column that inspired us to share our home entertaining and lifestyle ideas daily. We consider both our own columns, that are enhanced by showcasing the talents and expertise of others as well. It’s all about sharing the creativity!
First thing you did when you got engaged? We first called our parents (who were eagerly awaiting the news as they knew it was coming!) then celebrated with our friends at Duke’s Waikiki on Oahu.
Facebook or Twitter? We love Twitter as it’s such a great way to learn about others, follow along, support others and to spot fun posts, events and people.
What is something only your closest friends know about you. Ooh, good one. We love to just take it easy. While we’re known to work too hard (we think there’s no such thing – only working too much and not smart enough), we know when to let it go and relax. Just taking a deep breath and kicking back is a must.
What’s your off-line go-to source for inspiration? We have a vast array of magazine subscriptions that we’re always perusing for a number of reasons. Martha Stewart Weddings has long been Aleah’s favorite for wedding snippets; Southern Living, Coastal Living, Real Simple, Better Homes and Gardens and San Diego Magazine are all go-to mags for entertaining and living. Of course, we’re partial to San Diego Magazine — you can see our entertaining column here!
Other things you didn’t know about Nick and Aleah
- To relax, we enjoy the beach and the salty air.
- We love to collect treasures from our travels and the beach.
- We believe a party is party when everyone is dancing and laughing and completely in the moment.
- Etiquette rule everyone should know — always, always send along a thank you note. This goes for anything!
- The secret to great marriage is laughing, having fun and enjoying the journey together.
Follow Valley & Co.
- Twitter: @ValleyAndCo
- Facebook: Facebook.com/ValleyAndCo
- Pinterest: Pinterest.com/ValleyAndCo
- RSS: feeds.feedburner.com/ValleyAndCo
- Wedding Gawker: weddinggawker.com/post/archive/goodlifeevents/
- Craft Gawker: craftgawker.com/post/archive/valleyandco/
- Food Gawker: foodgawker.com/post/archive/valleyandco/