Shawna + Robbie
September 17, 2012
Estes Park, Colorado
You're going to thoroughly enjoy this gorgeous wedding, captured by KB Digital Designs. Not only is this fall Estes Park wedding gorgeous, I love how Shawna set her priorities. She wanted to WOW her guests so she chose a venue with gorgeous mountain views. She wanted an elegant wedding, so she chose a clean but elegant color palette of yellow, gold, and white. She and her new husband are also foodies, so they paid careful attention to selecting a caterer who could delight their guests with the tastiest food. She also wanted her wedding planning process to be joyful, so she was selective about who would help her with all of the details. Shawna's advice is super down-to-earth. Scroll down and read Shawna's Hindsight Advice!
Why a Mountain Wedding?
My husband and I are both from Colorado and were rasied in the mountains–not in the city–so it was a no brainer we wanted to be married in the mountians. Plus the view for the guests and us was amazing!
Where did you find your inspiration?
Our inspiration was bright, fancy and clean. We wanted everyone to be WOWED when they showed up. We love clean white linens and yellow and gold for that elegant look.
Your favorite moment of the day.
Our favorite moment of the day was holding each others hands and looking at each other as we became man and wife.
Things you're glad you did.
- We were glad we went with chair covers because they made the room look bright and full.
- We didn't do the bouquet toss and garder toss…. no one was single at our wedding.
- We only had one bridesmaid and one groomsman. It was cheaper that way plus we only shared our wedding with family and extreamly close friends. We both agreed that there really is no point to have a bunch of people dressed up and looking good, just standing there on OUR day.
Three things you wish you had done?
- I wish I would have had my wedding dress looser. It was so tight I was sick!
- We wish we had more time to mingle with people during the wedding. The Della Terra's policies are that the wedding had to be over at 10:00pm so they could clean up and be done and at 11pm. We wanted to party all night into the morning.
- We wish we booked a Honeymoon:(
Anything you wish you hadn't done?
There really is nothing that We wish we hadn't done but I know we wish weddings were not so expensive!
Three things you wish you hadn't worried about?
- Getting the families together for pictures.
- The bride's dress not being done before the wedding.
- Last but not least, making sure everyone was happy. We are givers not takers, so we're always concerned about what others might think, and we wanted to WOW.
How did you choose your vendors?
Choosing the vendors was the most important part of the whole wedding!!!
- We are foodies so we had to taste everything with our family. We were extremely picky because we both have eaten at the finest places. We spent a lot of time on researching the finest caterers with the best prices and service.
- The DJ had to be in charge but not to bossy and have the best of equipment.
- All and all we spent a lot of time taste testing, hand shaking, and emailing to get the best that Colorado has to offer at reasonable prices.
What is your very best hindsight advice?
- DONT GO BIG!!! Weddings take a lot of time and stress to plan. The bigger the wedding, the bigger the possibility that the couple won't have as much fun planning their wedding.
- Stay personal don't invite people you hardly know. Don't let family and friends invite their friends. That why you can expect everyone who is there to honor and cherish the day with you. You really never know what you're going to get when you're feeding and housing strangers that probably don't care who you are.
- MOST OF ALL don't let your family ruin the joy you get from planning by either not being a part of it, or by offering negative opinions Focus on making it fun with your man, women or with close friends. For us the groom's family was very supportive and helpful so we stuck to getting opininons and help from them.
- Photographer: KB Digital Designs
- Dress Store: Amanda's Bridal & Tux
- Bridesmaid Dresses: A Mom-and-Pop salon in Alaska
- Makeup Artist:Debra J
- Linens: Wild Flower Linens
- Floral Designer: Floral Design of Europe
- Caterer: Greens Point Catering
- Tuxedo and Mens Attire:Men's Warehouse
- Favors and Gifts: The Knot Shop
- DJ:Top Hat Entertainment
- Submitted via Two Bright Lights