Abby and Kurt
The Farm at Candler, NC
Not only did Abby and Kurt opt for classic fall details like pumpkins and mums, but they also took it step further with classic fall activities such as bobbing for apples! Check out that second to last photo where Abby and Kurt bravely bob for apples in their wedding clothes! I love fun and easy-going couples like this. I also love the fact that Abby chose the unexpected color palette of navy and yellow. The lesson: you don’t have to stick with the typical browns, greens, golds, and maroons for your fall wedding. You can actually do whatever you want ;-) Don’t forget to check out Abby’s Hindsight Advice below…
Why a mountain wedding?
For the beautiful scenery. We also have a deep love of nature and fresh air.
Where did you find your inspiration?
A lot of our inspiration came from our own personalities. We also used Pinterest and asked friends.
What are three things you’re glad you did?
- Stuck with our own unique ideas.
- Did a lot of our own DIY projects.
- Opted for minimal decorations and let the scenery be enough.
Anything you wish you had done?
- Planned ahead enough to rent the cabins on the property for family/friends.
- Honestly, nothing else I’d change.
Anything you wish you hadn’t done?
- Stressed so much.
- Other than that it couldn’t have gone any better.
Anything you wish you hadn’t worried about?
Things getting done in time, everyone being happy and the walk down the aisle.
What is your very best hindsight advice?
- Follow your heart with what you want and don’t stress about anything.
- Let your friends and family help and carry some of the weight.
- Photographer: Blue Bend Photography
- Venue: The Farm in Candler, NC
- DJ: Mr C’s mobile DJ (He was amazing. Paid attention to every detail we told him was important.)
- Caterer: Frankie Bones. (Perfect! Only word I can use. Many people told us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding.)