Mountainside Bride welcomes real mountain weddings, styled shoots and adventure engagement sessions from photographers, vendors, and real brides. We are looking for fresh, modern and organic mountain weddings that feature beautiful details, stunning mountain views and a sense of adventure.
Scroll down for submission FAQs
- Please include 75-125 images that tell a story, highlight the mountain environment and show the highlights of the day.
- Each image should be 1800 px wide and 72 dpi (the large width allows me to optimize for promoting your post on social media, especially Instagram).
- Be sure to name each image with your own name and a keyword. For example: “Rad-Photog-name-Bouquet.jpg”
NOTE: If you are a real bride or vendor, be sure to secure permission to use the images from the photographer. It’s your photographer who owns the copyright.
What Happens Next?
If your submission is accepted I will contact you for additional information, including full vendor credits and an email to interview the couple.
Are you exclusive?
No. I’m not exclusive. My goal is to offer the best mountain wedding inspiration from the best vendors in each region. To that end, I encourage you to re-submit your BEST work to Mountainside Bride.
Since I’m not exclusive, I’m picky. That means, I’m not interested in the weddings you can’t get placed anywhere else. I’m interested in showcasing and promoting your best work so that you can attract your best and most ideal clients.
How do I re-submit a feature to Mountainside Bride?
The VERY first step is to make sure you CAN re-submit something to Mountainside Bride and if so, when.
Different exclusive bloggers have different editorial policies and it’s important to follow their guidelines. Some bloggers will allow you to re-submit after 24 hours, others allow it after 30 days while others want you to wait up to 8 months.
When in doubt, reach out to the original publisher directly for their submissions policy.
What EXACTLY are you looking for and how do I know if my work is a good fit?
Essentially, I’m looking for three things:
- Mountains. If you’re not in a mountain region, I’m not interested.
- Beautiful photography. This includes composition, lighting and consistent post-production work. I accept a variety of photographic styles including light, airy and romantic, and darker moodier modern styles. I’m not looking for a particular style so much as I’m looking for great photography that tells a story with every image.
- Details. You knew that was coming :-) It’s ok if your submission doesn’t have a lot of reception details, however it does need enough variety to keep a reader’s interest, create a mood and tell a story. If you find yourself shooting a detail-poor wedding, focus on other details: mountain vistas, details in nature (a leaf, a tree a flower), details in the attire (the lace, beading or jewelry), and I LOVE emotional details (that look, that laugh, that secret smile.)
What if I’m in the mountains, but my client had a hotel wedding so I don’t have any images of the mountains?
No problem, I will publish weddings in the mountains with no mountain shots if they have strong and beautiful photography and lots of lovely details and emotional moments.
What if I can’t track down the couple for an interview?
I’ll occasionally take a real wedding without an interview. However,in the absence of an interview, reception details become super important to hold the reader’s attention.
Do you take engagement shoots or bridal portraits?
Yes. I publish engagement shoots and bridal portraits every other Friday.
I’m looking for amazing mountain vistas and super cute outfit changes.
I prefer natural-looking posing and moments over big posy smiles and hugs. Props are always appreciated for their storytelling abilities and to add visual interest and variety to the submission.
Engagement sessions and bridal portraits should create a mood for a reader and tell a story about the subjects.
Do you accept styled shoots?
Yes! I LOVE styled shoots. What a wonderful opportunity to showcase the creative talent of vendors!