Image via Ally Asbe
I had the good fortune to sit down with Alley Asbe, the author of At The Altar In Your Underwear: 40 Secrets To An Amazing Wedding And A Better You and celebrated event designer with more than 3000 weddings under her belt.
At The Altar In Your Underwear is a soulful book full of down-to-earth advice for planning an authentic wedding, navigating changing relationships during wedding planning, and dealing with wedding planning overload. It’s also a tactical guide for staying organized, and styling a wedding from your heart.
Image by Jose Villa via Fly Away Bride
Here are the top 5 reasons you should listen to this podcast today.
- Because wedding planning isn’t just about details. It’s an emotional process that can be full of vulnerability.
- Because you want an authentic wedding that uniquely expresses who you are.
- Because you may be afraid that your wedding won’t be good enough.
- Because navigating relationships with family and friends during the wedding planning process is sometimes difficult.
- Because post-wedding blues are manageable!
Excerpt from the Book
Ten Simple Ideas … to help you BITE off what you can chew
- Make a list of things you need to do.
- Resist the temptation to multitask.
- When you have five minutes to spare, be in the moment.
- Focus on completing one task item a day.
- Cross the items off to show your progress.
- Break larger tasks up into smaller pieces (easier to “chew”).
- Don’t focus on how much there is to do.
- Ask for help if you get overwhelmed.
- Delegate tasks to professionals, or your people who are willing to help.
- Put small tasks on your calendar.
Find Ally Online:
- Website: AllyAsbe.com
- Facebook: AlexisAsbeAuthor
- Twitter: @AlexisAsbe
- Amazon: At The Altar In Your Underwear: 40 Secrets To An Amazing Wedding And A Better You