Martha Stewart crafts has a new line of decoupage products out that I am over the moon for. I made these easy DIY cake stands in a weekend and they’re perfect for a dessert table at you wedding, but they can be reused year after year for your holiday cakes and cookies!
Of course Martha Stewart crafts are available at Michaels, but if you’re like me, and live hours away from the nearest city, you can order Martha Stewart Crafts online at Plaid’s online store: http://www.plaidonline.com/martha-stewart/brand/home.htm
Martha Stewart Crafts Plaid Supplies
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage paper doilies – metalllic
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Metallic Trims – Gold/Rose
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Multi-Surface Finish – Durable Gloss, 8oz
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brush Set
- Plates from a thrift store
- Candle stick holders from a thrift store
- Glass adhesive
- rubbing alcohol
- Paper towels
How To Video
- Wash your thrift store plates and candles stick holders thoroughly (I just popped them in the dishwasher).
- Glue the plate to the candle stick holder using glass adhesive and let dry overnight.
- Prepare the plate surface for decoupage by wiping the plate with rubbing alcohol and letting it dry for 30 seconds.
- Cut metallic trims to desired length and prepare metallic doilies by removing excess pieces.
- Using a soft bristled brush from Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Brush Set, apply an even coat of decoupage directly to the plate.
- Apply decoupage to the backside of the design.
- Place the design on top of the plate, adhering the decoupaged side of the design to decoupage on the plate.
- Smooth out any bubbles, wrinkles, and lifted spots with your fingers or with a Martha Stewart Crafts ® brayer.
- Allow two hours to dry and apply a second coat of decoupage.
- Allow two more hours to dry and apply a third coat of decoupage.
- Allow the cake plates to cure for 21 days, after which, they are dishwasher safe.
Get even more inspiration
- Follow Plaid’s Martha Stewart Crafts Pinterest board.
- Like them on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/14Jf36K
- Sign up for thier Email Newsletter: https://www.plaidonline.com/craft-newsletter-signup.aspx
Disclosure: I am a member of the Blueprint Social® Community. I have been compensated as part of a Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Holiday Campaign #MSholiday