Mountain weddings don’t have to be rustic, or held in a barn. They can be urban and modern too. I am so thrilled the Utah wedding photographer Pepper Nix sent this lovely Salt Lake City wedding along, showcasing such a modern venue mixing and a bride who’s not afraid to mix and match it with pretty purple and green details set against a fiery autumn backdrop. Stunning! Don’t forget to check out Logan’s Hindsight Advice below. Enjoy!
Logan + Andrew
Oct 14, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Why a Mountain Wedding?
We choose to get married near our home so our visiting friends and relatives could see the beauty where we live
Where did you find your inspiration?
Our inspiration came from our surroundings and the season with incorporation of our personal style.
What were some personal details you incorporated?
- Each walked down the aisle accompanied by both our mother and father at our sides.
- Humorous vows to lighten the moment.
- Signature “his and hers” cocktails.
- Hand stamped seat assignments on antique gift tags.
- Handmade napkin rings by my grandmother and aunt who could not attend
Your favorite moment of the day.
Having all our best friends and family in one place at the same time
Three things you’re glad you did.
- Pick out top three wedding priorities and invested our time and money there (Location, Photography and Bar).
- Take photos prior to the wedding so we could enjoy the moment and not miss our party!
- Keep our decor and lighting natural so that the people were the focus of the room.
What was the best piece of wedding advice you got?
Ask for help!
What piece of wedding planing advice do you wish you followed?
Relax and enjoy the morning before your wedding, rather than trying to rush around to several appointments.
Anything you wish you hadn’t worried about?
I prefer good memories to regrets!
Anything You wish you had known about sooner rather than later?
Location first, dress second, and everything else falls into place
How did you choose your vendors?
Word of mouth is king.
Salt Lake City Wedding Vendors
Pepper Nix is a distinguished member of the Mountainside Guide, an exclusive vendor directory featuring the best and most reliable mountain wedding vendors in North America. Mountainside Guide members are screened and vetted for quality of work, reliability, and professionalism, both among their peers and on review web sites.
See Pepper Nix’s portfolio HERE.