What is a Mountain Bride?
Simply put, you’re mountain bride if you plan to marry in the mountains.
- You may have a $60K or a $20K budget, or maybe even a 100K budget.
- You may be marrying in a castle or a meadow.
- You may be a DIY bride, or not.
It’s not the details that make you a mountain bride; it’s the mountains.
In fact, the one thing that ties all mountain brides and vendors together is that sense of place. Whether you grew up in the mountains, or spent childhood vacations there, mountains hold a special place in your heart.
You’re Different from Other Brides
You’re laid-back and have a keen sense of fun and adventure. You know how to keep things in perspective and enjoy the simple things in life. You’re less interested in a “princess fairytale” wedding and more interested in sharing an amazing weekend in the mountains with your closest friends and family. You want to show them how special and amazing and fun the mountains are.
In fact, you care more about your guests than about centerpieces and details–though you care about details too ;-) You love them , in fact.
But for you, details don’t take precedence over your guests.
And you would never, ever be caught dead shouting “…but this is MY day!!!” You want everything to go well, to run smoothly, but you’re not willing to go psycho over it.
You Need Something Real!
You’re looking for a blog that will give you inspiring ideas but with practical advice on how to execute on them.
You have your heart set on marrying in the mountains, but you may also be feeling a bit intimidated by the whole endeavor. There’s so much to figure out, and choosing vendors and venues in a rural setting isn’t easy. You need information. You need to figure out the basics first and worry about the details later.
You need to know things like:
- How can I be sure the wedding will be everything I hoped for when I’m planning from afar?
- How do I find the best vendors who can get to our location?
- How to make things work from 3000 miles away?
- How do I balance what I want with what everyone else expects?
- How to spend the most time with our guests?
I mean, yeah, you like the Pretty-Pretty inspiration, so do I! But you also want real advice from real brides and real information from the best wedding professionals.
- You need to figure out how to make your guests feel like your wedding will be the best, the most fun and the most delightfully adventurous wedding ever!
- You need to convince them that your wedding will totally be worth the trek to the middle of nowhere where they will find few of the amenities and conveniences they’re accustomed to.
- You need to figure out all the crazy logistics, which can become much more complicated in the mountains; you need to find vendors you can trust; and you need to convince everyone that this really is a good idea, all the while keeping your sanity intact.
That’s a tall order! Good news is: You’re in the right place.
Welcome to the Mountainside Bride!!!
- What your wedding will mean for your marriage.
- Wedding Regrets and how to deal with them
- Setting and Keeping Wedding Planing Priorities
- Avoid Getting Overwhelmed with Wedding Details
- Wowing your guests
- 3 Dates to Avoid when Planning Your Mountain Wedding
- Avoiding Altitude Sickness for You and Your Guests
- How to find the Perfect Mountain Wedding Venue
Other Popular Posts:
Also check out:
- Advice From Real Mountain Brides Get Hindsight advice from brides taking about things they’re glad they did; things they wished they had done; things they wished they hadn’t worried about; and their best wedding advice.
- Lookback Lessons Go beyond the Pretty with practical wedding planning advice.
- Wedding Planning Podcast This hour long(ish) showcases wedding planning advice from top wedding vendors. Listen while you work out, on your way to work, while your cleaning your house, or any other time.