From the Photographer:
Rachel called me 26 days before her wedding. Yep, 26 days. Rachel and her fiance were originally planned on getting married in 2014 however when Tyler received a job offer that required nine months of training far from their home, they decided to move up the wedding. Almost instantly they agreed that their wedding would take place in the mountains where Rachel and her family had lived and vacationed for generations. In fact, her grandparents are buried in the cemetery behind the church.
As implausible as it may seem that someone can plan a wedding in 26 days, everything just seemed to fall into place for Rachel and Tyler and they were able to secure a small rental house across from the church for the bridal prep. This house contained all the modern conveniences including a hand-crank telephone from the 50′s.
The church took place in a one room, wood-paneled mountain church tucked into the rhododendrons of the Highlands area and was a lovely backdrop for this intimate family wedding.
August 24, 2013
Church in the Wildwood. Highlands, NC
Why a Mountain Wedding?
We chose to have our wedding in the mountains because my family grew up going there during summer vacations. We chose our church because it is the church that my great grandparents are buried at.
Where did you find your inspiration?
We found inspiration from each others favorite colors. Tyler loves navy and I love the soft pink family of colors.
What were some personal details you incorporated?
I chose to wear a bracelet Tyler made for me as a wedding gift.
Your favorite moment of the day.
My favorite moment of the whole day was the minute I got to spend with Tyler right after we walked out of the church. We were able to take a second with each other and enjoy being just married.
Three things you’re glad you did.
- I am so glad that I kept my wedding small
- Did my own makeup
- Ate before I walked down the aisle.
Anything you wish you hadn’t done?
I wish I hadn’t paid to get my makeup done when I just re did it anyway.
What was the best piece of wedding advice you got?
Soak up every moment of the day. (That was from Love Shutter BTW)
How did you choose your vendors?
I chose my vendors based on research I did online through google searches, theknot.com and weddingwire.com.
What is your very best advice to other mountain brides?
I would encourage all brides to take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the day. Every part of the day adds up the actual wedding event including your breakfast all the way up to walking down the aisle.
Highlands Wedding Vendors
- Photographer: Love Shutter Photography
- Ceremony Venue: Little Church of the Wildwood
- Reception location: The Main Street Inn Highlands, NC
- Shoes: Nina Women’s Electra Bridal Pump
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Dillards
- Menswear: Joseph A. Banks
- Rings : Custom, Tallahassee Diamond Center
- Hairstylist: Creative Concepts Salon, Highlands NC
- Stationery: Shutterfly
- Wedding Planners/Designers: Jessica Dunlap
- Wedding Planner / Coordinator: Mother of the bride and Aunt Patty
- Flowers & Centerpieces: Lisa from Cosper Flowers, Highlands NC
- Videographer: Father of the bride
- Caterers: The Main Street Inn
- Cake/cupcakes: The Main Street Inn